Photobucket

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Custom Adi/Shaak/Jamo

I have been working on this saber for the last several weeks. I have lots of build pictures that will be posted. This saber started the planning stage as a 7inch saber. It then quickly became an 8inch and then a 9inch. I originally wanted to use a blaster sound card for blaster deflect sounds. I fried that board (backward voltage from LED). So, I moved on to using a switch to trigger the clash function on a MR sound board. I partially fried that sound board (wiring the bar-graph) that soundboard is still usable, just not for this project.

I had many problems with the switches. I wanted to use the new TCSS switch box (always loved that design since I first saw it on a Vader's Vault saber!), that didn't work because I needed a DPDT switch to trigger clash and flash with the same switch. I then cut the switch box a new hole to fit a 2nd AV switch. awesome. But the saber was now too short to fit the batteries and the Anakin MR board I am now using does not fit on top of a battery pack like the MR Yoda pack I was originally using did.

Well, after all that, I had Tim (TCSS) cut the grooves in the extension for me, I then hand painted them black and cut all the holes. Oh yeah, the blade holder (which is awesome) while MHS compatible, doesn't have a "stop" for the blade. So the blade would just hit the LED...thats no good. So I made a stop out of a washer. That solved that!

With everything assembled, hilt wise, I wired everything up. And what did I find? The LED in the 2nd AV switch does not work. I will swap that switch out later.

Everything else seems to be working just fine!

Specs:
LedEngin RGBA -green and amber dies set to main blade
Clash/Flash on Demand -using the red die
7.4v -custom Lithium Ion Pack
MR Anakin -soundboard, regulated to 5v
Two AV switches
Two accent LEDs
10 segment bargraph
Custom Blade Holder -made by ebay seller "14485194"
Custom Kill Key
Custom grooves cut by Tim @ TCSS
Everything else custom cut/painted by JamoUp @ ThinkJamo

Pics:
Photobucket


















More Pics and the Vid?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


































































































Videos:


1 comment:

ro said...

Very nice.
Became interested in the unique keys.
The flashing clash is fantastic.
Congratulations..

God bless,
Ro