Photobucket

Monday, February 08, 2010

My First Saber

It all started February 18th 2009. (that's right, in less than a year I have build 7 distinctly different sabers, and have an 8th on my work bench) That is when I placed the order for my first round of parts. Besides parts, I had to order tools. I had nothing. After reading a lot about how to build a saber, I figured out what tools I needed, ordered them with the parts. Then I went to Walmart and bought a cheap toy lightsaber, brought it home, and took it apart for the sound card.
Since then, this saber got a new pommel, a switch bezel, and a sound upgrade.

This is the very first "saber" pic I took. In my office, right when the mail arrived. Luckily there was no student in my office.

Photobucket

This is the contents of the packages, opened when I got home. You might notice this is enough parts to make two sabers.

Photobucket

The finished product, today, has a MR Jedi sound board, an Amber LED, 4 AAA batteries and a premium speaker.
HERE are the pics of the finished product:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

If you notice I rotated the saber a little in each shot. Yeah, smooth. I know.

Here is the video:

No comments: